Storage, Handling and Installation
- Handle the planks with care during installation and avoid any harsh contact with other materials
- Avoid harsh contact of tools or screws on the deck while you’re building it
- Always pre-drill to avoid the bit gouging your deck
- All DECKO products should be stored away from direct sunlight on a flat surface and in a dry area avoiding exposure to moisture
- Make sure your deck has adequate ventilation
- It’s important to ensure during installation that there is proper drainage underneath your deck and that it isn’t exposed to stale water for long periods of time.
Waste can be removed as per usual construction material disposal.
Cleaning your deck is best done with soapy water and a sponge mop along the grain. Make sure you clean each plank one after the other and rinse regularly to ensure that you’re not moving dirty water around. Use a stiff brush and low pressure hose to avoid mud and dirt build up.